Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We are back!


The kids and I just got back from our Griswold vacation across Iowa and down to Kansas City.  We started our trip last Thursday and headed to Logan, Iowa, my home town.  The kids LOVE going to Iowa and the whole small town vibe.  Every time I talk to someone there I get reprimanded for talking to strangers. I have know all these people for my whole life and the kids don't quite get that concept.  Now they just ask me how I know everyone.  I love my hometown.  My dad was also in the hospital there so we got to get him out and take him home on Friday.  He was a happy boy!


Waiting, not so patiently, for the discharge papers.  The kids were trying to entertain Grandpa.
After we got him out, we took our customary tour of Harrison county.  It is so beautiful there.  Growing up there, you don't appreciate how pretty it really is.  You only concentrate on getting out of the small town.  Now I want to go back to a simpler life...
After our tour the kids and I hopped in our family truckster and headed to KC to stay with my sis.
Teaching the 5yr old how to spit seeds.
What is the 4th of July without watermelon and seed spitting.
The cousins in their Red White and Blue.

My brother-in-law and I had a salsa making competition and I WON!!!  Whoo Hoo, I can now add award winning when talking about my salsa.
The award winning salsa is on the right :-)

That is some of what we did this weekend.  I have more to share later.  I am off to work...
Hope everyone had as great of weekend as we did!
As Always, Karie

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great trip! Thanks for entering the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIL said it was not a fair contest cuz you used can tomotoes and he used fresh;)

    ReplyDelete