Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Today's Project

Today I had most of the day off.  I say that with a little bit of a chuckle...  I did a Home Staging consultation for about 2 hours today and came home in time to run the 8 year old to her softball game.  When we got home I cleaned the kitchen then she decided it was time to redo her room.  I put my foot down on painting the whole thing AGAIN, so we did a few cosmetic things.  There was a floating shelf that was hung on her wall and had fallen off a few months ago.  That went back up (I really don't like those things by the way, all the measuring and toggle bolts, aarrgghh) I then decided to get the supplies needed to make her a coat rack.  I have seen some really cute ones in blogland and thought I could copy them.

Here was the first one I saw at 9 o'clock Dance of Joy


Then I saw this idea at Drab to Fab



And this one was my favorite at From My Front Porch to Yours



Off to the Home Depot I went to get my supplies.  I spent a total of $20 and some change.


I already had screws, sandpaper and paint to finish it all off.


This is the Cool Tool of the day.  I had them cut my 2x2 in to a 5' piece and I cut the other pieces.  I got a 4x1 and a 3x1 and cut 2 pieces each of 4x4 and a 3x3.  I then drilled a hole in the center of each of them and ran these bad boys through.

Don't know where they came from but thought they would work for this project.

progress...

Put the 8 year old to work since it is for her room.

The finished product.  I will say I should have used a 4x4 to make this.  I now need to go back to the Depot and find something to make this more stable.  If you notice all the pictures that I was so crazy about, they all used 4x4s.  Lesson learned...  I think it is cute anyway and you wont even see it once she gets all her bags and hats on it.


I can check this off my to-do list but need to add stabilizer brackets to a new list... The list never end here.

As Always, Karie

ps. I will have some pieces left over so stay tune for what I will do with them. They are cut and ready for me to find  more patients to get through another project.  Since I tackled two (hanging shelf and coat rack) I am in patients deficit right now.

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to respond about the zebra stencil you asked about on my blog. Actually is was zebra printed tissue paper! All the easier!!! Put on with Modge Podge!

    ReplyDelete