Saturday, July 30, 2011

What a month!

It has been a while since I have had a chance to sit down and write.  We have had a busy July.  The first weekend was, of course, a holiday. One of my favorites, by the way.  My sister and her family came up and we celebrated Logan style.  Street dance, carnival, parade and fireworks.  Our little town sure knows how to party on the 4th!
The next weekend found us traveling by by-way and highway to Kansas City for my niece's birthday
Miss Lauren at her 8th birthday party!
My sister planned a party at a horse stable with riding and fun.

How can you go wrong with Sm'ores on a stick?

The 3rd weekend in July, we ventured back up to our house in Minnesota to get the rest of our "stuff".  I am still trying to block that trip out of my mind.  I was dreading it from the beginning and I wasn't far off on the dread.  Our tire blew up when we go there and that set us back a few hours. I still send up prayers to God in thanks that it blew at the gas station and not on the road.  He was looking out for us that day! 
 The weather was horrible, as well.  110 degrees is not an ideal temperature to be loading and  unloading a 26' Uhaul. It was not fun and tempers were flaring. Even though that part was terrible, we did get to spend some wonderful time with our friends and we got to meet their new baby.  We always have such an awesome time at Camp Schieffer!  What is not to like about good food, fun, friends and FIREWORKS!  My son was in heaven when he got to personally choose the display we would be witnessing.  He and his Godfather are very much alike in their love of fireworks and many other things.
The look on Baby Aspen's face tells the story.  These kids are CRAZY!

Our month has died down a little with the last weekend and this weekend being spent unpacking and figuring out what the heck to do with all our stuff that use to fit in our big house but will in no way shape or form fit in to our little house.
Next weekend will be spent having a garage sale in our town park.  I will be participating in the
Lincoln Highway Buy-Way  5 state yard sale.  I have already started my sale pile.  I have yet to tackle the storage shed for more treasures...

Hopefully I will be able to sell some of my treasures next weekend.  I just have no room and my house is looking like an episode of Hoarders. Wish me luck and if you are in the area stop by the park.
As Always, Karie

No comments:

Post a Comment