Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Upstairs room

Our upstairs room is almost done and I am OVER THE MOON excited! This is where the kids will be and all of their crap  stuff will live.  That is the plan anyway.  It is a pretty big room and they will have to share for now.  Sharing a room builds character, at least that is what I have been told...

before

another before

Here is the before. I know you are all digging the carpet.  It was cool (in the 70's) but we are not carpet people.  With kids and animals I prefer wood floors and there happen to be some under this pretty blue stuff.

and the after
Ignore the dots on the picture, guess my lens needs a cleaning.
I did a border of white paint all the way around because there were some imperfections around the edges of part of the floor and I have learned floor paint hides a ton of imperfections.  I stained the middle Ebony from Min Wax.  My daughter chose the color and I think it looks great.
We had one problem though...
I ran out of stain.  I was trying with all my might to stretch what little I had left but I just couldn't pull it off.  It was 10:00 at night and I was a little stressed.  There is 40 miles and flood waters between me and my next can of stain.  I am still adjusting to moving to a rural area and now it's a real journey to get to the city with all the water around us.  Guess I will have to wait until Sunday to get more stain.

Here are the steps going up.  They had the same beautiful carpet on them and were just a basic plywood so we filled the holes and painted them white.  We found these cute little carpet treads at the HD.  LOVE THEM!  And you can't beat the price of $9.99 for 13.  What a deal!

We will be moving the kids up there tomorrow and we are all excited!!!
As Always, Karie

No comments:

Post a Comment